Click HERE to register online.
Click HERE to download GKER Registration Form
GraceKennedy Limited will stage its 8th GraceKennedy Education Run on Sunday July 10th at a new 6:15 a.m. start time. This annual event is the primary fund raiser for the educational programmes undertaken by the Grace and Staff Community Development Foundation in the downtown inner-city communities. Since its inception over 30 years ago, the Foundation has assisted thousands of young persons through educational intervention and community development programmes. Although largely supported by donations and voluntary efforts of our staff, we are now challenged by our own successes to adequately fund the ever-increasing demands placed on our programmes.
For the second year, the GraceKennedy Education 5K Run/Walk will be followed by a 28K team time trial for cyclists. Each team of six cyclists will race to the Norman Manley International Airport roundabout and back, with the winners determined by the lowest cumulative time score.
2017 Race Route (Download)
Sunday, July 9, 2017 starting at 6:15 a.m. Warm-up exercises will start at 5:45 a.m.
The backdrop for the GraceKennedy Education Run is the scenic corridors of the Kingston waterfront.
The 5-Kilometre (3.1 miles) road race starts at the corner of Port Royal Street & George's Lane, then left onto Duke Street, continuing onto Ocean Boulevard, then left onto Port Royal Street, around the bend onto Marcus Garvey Drive, turnaround at the intersection of Rum Stores Road, then back onto Marcus Garvey Drive onto Water Lane, right onto Pechon Street, then left onto Harbour Street, left onto King Street, right onto Tower Street, right onto Church Street, then left back onto Harbour Street to High Holborn Street through the Breezy Castle Sports Complex, then right onto Port Royal Street, finishing at the corner of Hanover & Port Royal Streets.
- All roads leading to and from the race route will close at 6:00 a.m. and reopen at 8:00 a.m.
- Hydration stations manned by experienced and enthusiastic volunteers.
- Qualified medical personnel will be on hand for cases of emergency.
- Adequate private and police security will be provided at race venue.
Register and pay online using a Visa debit or any credit card at Running Events. Or, register manually by submitting completed entry form and cash payment to any branch of First Global Bank or GraceKennedy Limited, 73 Harbour Street, Kingston.
Click HERE to register online.
Entry Fees (Per Person): Individuals - $1,200 without breakfast / $1,800 with breakfast.
Teams (50 or more persons) - $1,000 without breakfast / $1,600 with breakfast.
ENTRIES ARE NEITHER REFUNDABLE NOR TRANSFERABLE, AND NAME CHANGES ARE NOT ALLOWED. No entries will be accepted after the close of registration on Thursday, July 7, 2016.
Race packets must be collected from Thursday, July 7 up to Saturday, July 9 at GraceKennedy Limited, 73 Harbour Street, Kingston from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day. There is NO packet pick-up on race day.
- Awards will be presented immediately after the race, once the results are available:
- Corporate Male/Female Run/Walk (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Open Male/Female Run/Walk (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Wheelchair Male/Female (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Youth (17 & Under) Male/Female Run (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Overall and Largest Corporate Team
The event will be timed using the MYLAPS BibTag timing system, with results immediately available after the race at www.gracekennedy.com and www.runningeventsja.com.
Several parking lots will be available to accommodate race participants, including:
- Bank of Jamaica car park – entrance on East Street
- Scotiabank (Eastern Lot only) – entrance of East Street
- GraceKennedy Financial Centre – entrance on Duke Street
Tel.: (876) 932-3300/3335 ∙ Fax: (876) 922-6886 ∙ Email:
Download GraceKennedy Education Fact Sheet here